Saturday 30 April 2011

“Harry” the Tuna

One of my friends said to me, “we should try fish, what will you cook if I buy some fish? I said “lets see, if they have a big fresh Tuna on that stall”.
The biggest Tuna in there cost £6.99, “hmm.. a bargain” as I love a bargain and even my friends said Ohh my God, we will cook Harry,(as she call the Tuna), so in my friend’s kitchen, I started preparing “Harry” the Tuna.


IKAN PANGGANG RICA RICA

Ingredients
·         Fresh large Tuna ( approx 2 kg)
·         10 big red chillies
·         6 birds eye chillies
·         5 garlic cloves
·         8 shallots
·         3 lemongrass stalks
·         3 cm galangal
·         5 cm fresh ginger
·         Juice of 3 limes or lemons
·         ½ tsp shrimp paste (terasi)
·         3 Kaffir lime leaves
·         ½ tsp salt


1. Thoroughly clean the fish (or you can ask fishmonger to clean it for you)
2. Put chillies, garlic, shallots, lemongrass, galangal, ginger, salt, shrimp paste and kaffir lime leaves into food processor to make a paste.
3. Place the fish on the kitchen foil, add lemon juice and spread the spice paste evenly over it, rubbing it inside the fish and where the skin has been slashed.
Wrap the fish with kitchen foil , put in the oven or BBQ  220 degrees for 45 minutes.
NICE FOR BBQ


No comments:

Post a Comment